Skill #632 I have lost in quarantine.
The ability to do my makeup.
Not that I ever really knew how to do it. I just kind of slapped it on and hoped for the best.
But now I REALLY don’t know how to do it. We took maternity photos this weekend. It was really one of the first, true excuses I’ve had to get out of pajamas and put my face on. I gave myself three hours to get ready in case of emergencies. Of which there was really only one and it was that I look a like a clown with a bunch of makeup on. Seriously, I startled myself when I looked in the mirror. Garrett was reassuring, but I just think I’m meant to be the fresh faced, unwashed slob I’ve really become in quarantine.
I’m happy I’ve finally tapped into my true potential.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of hummus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. of curry powder
- S+P, to taste
- Croissants (or mini croissants as seen here!) for serving
- In a bowl, add chickpeas + mash until about 1/2 are mashed
- Add carrots + red pepper + raisins + cashews
- Meanwhile, combine hummus + lemon juice + curry powder + S+P in a lil bowl
- Pour dressing over chickpea mix
- Serve as a sandwich on croissants
- Serve a few on doily-lined tray + eat these daintily like the pretty princess you are
Adapted from here!