I’m hoping this is my last blog post.
At least for a little while, you can’t get rid of me completely, idiots!
Our little girl is due on Sunday! And despite me being convinced this entire month she was coming early, she is really making us work for it.
I started maternity leave this week and am just soaking up this quiet time before the imminent chaos. I should probably keep reading our baby book or watching YouTube videos about how to actually care for this child. Instead, I keep finding random things to clean. Today, for instance, I cleaned out the refrigerator and then pulled up all of the air vents & cleaned their insides, too. Oh, then I magic erased some walls. Very productive, if I do say so myself.
I may not know how to care for this child, but at least she has a clean place to come home to!
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 dozen meatballs
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. of flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of buffalo sauce
- Greens, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp. of water, mix + set aside for a few minutes
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower + quinoa + cilantro + flour + breadcrumbs + flax eggs + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Form mixture into about a dozen meatballs + fry up on all sides
- Repeat with remaining oil + meatballs
- Place in a dish + douse in buffalo sauce
- Serve atop your greens
- Allow this to count as your workout for the day with the amount of sweating you’re bound to do
Meatballs adapted from here!