I haven’t left the house in over 3 weeks.
Unless you count walking to the mailbox or rolling the trashcans to the curb as “going out.”
I have to take Lulu to the doctor tomorrow and I’m genuinely concerned my car won’t start. Or that I will have forgotten how to drive entirely.
I’m the biggest homebody I know, but even this is a record for me, I think. Honestly, I’m impressed with myself. How many people can stay sane in the same box for three weeks? This takes a level of introversion not many understand. But even I, the queen of making up excuses to avoid social interaction, is looking forward to getting out. Like, I’m even going to treat myself to lunch to mark the occasion. Who knows, maybe I’ll go get a COFFEE, TOO!!!!! Let me and Lulu loose and you just don’t know what is going to happen.
OK, but seriously, I am a little nervous I’ve forgotten how to drive.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of pasta
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews, soaked over night or boiled for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a food processor, combine tofu + cashews + nutritional yeast + apple cider vinegar + garlic powder + lemon juice + S+P, blend until smooth
- In a baking dish, add tomatoes + olive oil + S+P
- Scoop vegan tofu feta on top of the tomatoes
- Bake for 35 minutes or until tofu feta is starting to brown + tomatoes burst
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, reserving about 1/2 a cup of pasta water in case you need it
- Pour cooked pasta on top of the baked tofu feta + tomatoes, stir to combine
- Add pasta water if you want to thin the sauce a little, but not necessary
- Top with basil + S+P
- Serve warm
- Show the kids how hip you are with your new Tik Tok trend pasta and then threaten to create your own Tik Tok after Googling what Tik Tok is