I’m not entirely sure what the definition of a blizzard is.
But I am 100% positive I was in one this weekend.
It was just snow. Snow, everywhere. Whipping around in equally horrifying wind gusts.
It’s like, I like Colorado just fine, ya know? Then it has to go and do this. And I’m reminded, I’m not sure I like it all that much after all. I’m pretty sure we got several feet of snow, though I can’t confirm because I did not go out there with my tape measure. But I did look across the street at my neighbor’s house and there was snow piled up on their doorway. Like, if they had opened their door, snow just would have fallen onto their threshold. Poor Topanga has a hard enough life these days competing with Louisa for attention. Add in pooping in chest deep snow and she about called it quits on me this weekend.
But it’s starting to melt & I’m left here wondering…”Will all this snow cause the ground to soften too much and sinkholes to form & my house to get sucked down????”
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 bunch of kale, rinsed + destemmed + roughly chopped
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Brown rice, for serving
- Juice of a 1/2 a lemon
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat
- Add shallots + garlic + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add cumin + crushed red pepper + paprika, cook another minute
- Add chickpeas + 1/4 cup of water, cook 6-8 minutes, mashing chickpeas a bit as you go
- Add kale + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes until kale is wilter
- Serve over brown rice with lemon juice
- Curl up + watch the blizzard + contemplate what you led you to this tundra while you eat
Adapted from here!
2 thoughts on “Warm Chickpeas + Kale”
Yum! This recipe sounds delicious
Anything with chickpeas is great!