It has been a MINUTE, y’all!
Not that anyone was waiting around with bated breath or anything, but I missed you all.
Life with a 6 month old is magical and busy and smelly.
We have had a lot of family visitors over the last month, keeping me busy and literally completely out of the kitchen. All of my meals have either been made for me, taken out from a restaurant or from a freezer for the last 6 weeks, it seems. But the buck stops here, pals! Mama is back in the kitchen. Somewhere in those 6 weeks, Louisa went from not letting me out of her sight for more than three minutes, to letting me spend a full 30 minutes in the kitchen cooking while she played without screaming bloody murder. I don’t know who this angelic creature is who replaced my insane child, but I’m into her.
So now that I have time to cook, someone give me the motivation to adapt more recipes because your girl’s brain power is still pretty limited.
- 8 baby red potatoes
- 1/4 cup of lentils
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar snap peas, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 lemon
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp. of vegan sour cream
- 2 tbsp. of vegan butter
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Cook lentils according to package directions, drain + set aside
- Bring a pot of boiling water to a boil
- Add taters, cook 10-12 minutes until fork tender, drain
- In a bowl, combine snap peas + 1/2 the green onion + lemon juice + 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P, set aside
- Once cooled, smash potatoes with a fork
- Heat remaining olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add taters + cook 3-5 minutes until golden brown
- Add lentils + red pepper + jalapeno + garlic + butter + smoked paprika + S+P, cook another 3-5 minutes
- Top with snap pea slaw + remaining green onion + sour cream
- Pour a big bowl of this + stand in front of a mirror to eat + tell yourself how proud you are for eating a bowl of potatoes for dinner
Adapted from here!
10 thoughts on “Smashed Potato Skillet”
Nice recipe. Nothing like the smell of a baby’s head… just saying.
Oh, I’m with you!
How about some beef ribs?
Short ribs inspire you at all?
You’re making me hungry. 😋🌿
That’s my job!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I think this is awesome!
Thank you so much!!