I forgot sweltering heat existed.
I feel like being very pregnant + COVID running rampant last summer meant I stayed indoors and near a fan at all times.
This summer, we’re already getting out and about more than last year. I’ve been looking forward to all of the adventures! But I’ve been remiss in underestimating my old foe the sun.
We took Lou to the pool for the first time yesterday. She did so good and we all had so much fun. I had her in this Lisa Frank inspired swimsuit. It was one of those long sleeve ones meant to guard them from the sun. Well, I want to call Target and demand some answers because my baby got sunburned through her swimmy suit!!!!!! I am exaggerating ever so slightly – there was like a hint of redness on her chubby elbows, but still! I didn’t dunk the child in sunscreen for there to be redness on her! I had major mom guilt for several hours last night until Garrett calmed me down and reminded me she’ll experience much worse in her life.
Then I couldn’t sleep imaging her first heartbreak and the toll it will take on me, I mean her.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 1 dozen
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaping tbsp. of peanut butter
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/2-1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wrap zucchini shreds in a kitchen towel + wring out all the water you can
- In a bowl, combine flour + baking soda + baking powder + cinnamon + S
- Stir in milk + PB + vanilla extract + banana until well combined
- Fold in zucchini + chocolate chips
- Line a muffin tin with cups + spray with baking spray
- Evenly divide mix + top with more chocolate chips, if it tickles your fancy
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Skip your nightly Oreos + eat all of these bad boys one night instead
Adapted from here!