We’re about to go on our first vacations as a family of 3.
And what should be an exciting time has suddenly left me panic stricken.
I was really doing fine about it. Excited, all that. Then it hit me tonight during Lou’s bath.
What will I bathe her in on the road?!?! Do we trust the cleanliness of hotel tubs? Like can I in good conscience put my baby’s bare bottom in a tub where strangers’ dirty feet have walked??? My skin is CRAWLING. This then led me to – what do I need to pack for her? What do I pack her things IN? Do babies need their own luggage sets? This has just really opened up a lot of unknowns for me.
Not to mention our first family vacation is to a winery. What are we even thinking?!?!?!
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 quesadillas
- 4 oz. kimchi
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup of vegan cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded + minced
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- S+P, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add black beans + chili powder + S+P, cook, mashing a little, for 3-4 minutes, remove from heat
- Lay a tortilla flat + top one side with beans + kimchi + some of the jalapeno + cheese
- Heat another tbsp. of olive oil in the skillet
- Fold over quesadilla + place one side into hot skillet, cook for 3-4 minutes, flip + cook another 2-3 minutes
- Repeat with other quesadilla
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream + remaining jalapeno (should be about half of the pepper) + juice of 1/2 the lime + S+P
- Serve quesadillas warm with jalapeno sour cream + remaining lime wedges
Adapted from here!