Anyone else practicing their vault run in the kitchen during the commercial breaks of the Olympics?
Just me? Kewl, kewl.
Idk what gives, but whenever the summer Olympics come around, I act like I’ve been competing as an elite gymnast my entire life.
I’m especially into it this year because I’m trying to manifest Lou’s Olympic gymnastic debut at the 2036 games. 2040 at the latest, but she’ll basically be an old hag by then so we’ll see. I just think she has the *it* factor. She likes to play this game where Garr holds both of her feet in one of his hands & she balances & throws her arms out like a daggum cheerleader. She’s a prodigy! I’m making her watch gymnastics with me and I keep telling her these women are her future mentors so watch and learn!
My luck she will blame me for putting immense pressure on her at the ripe age of 8 months old & she’ll do an E! True Hollywood Story on her life painting me as the villain.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 4 bell peppers, halved
- 1 package of tempeh, cubed
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. of italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Vegan cheese shreds
- Preheat oven to 350
- Arrange bell peppers in a baking dish, cut side up
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P, bake for 10 minutes, just to soften them a bit
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add tempeh + S+P, cook 5-7 minutes or until crisp to your desire, remove from the skillet
- Heat remaining oil
- Add onions + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add zucchini + squash + S+P, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add tempeh back to the skillet along with quinoa + tomato sauce + italian seasoning + red pepper + S+P, cook 6-7 minutes or until everything is nice + combined
- Heap some of your mixture into each pepper half + top with cheese shreds
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is as melty as vegan cheese gets
- Smash a pepper in a pal’s face like you would a nice cream pie
2 thoughts on “Tempeh + Quinoa Stuffed Peppers”
would it hurt to incorporate a bit of chicken?
just a little chicken…. how about it?
This is a perfect meatless Monday entree.