Now whenever I see cookies, I’m forced to sing:
“Cookies! Cookies! Cookies are so yummy! Fresh out of the oven and into my tummy!”
Oh, you’re not familiar with that tune? Allow me to mail you this singing bear that plays a medley of tunes on repeat, cookie song included.
Because they are the only songs I know. I couldn’t tell you what’s popular in real music right now. I was like 8 months late to the Olivia Rodrigo party. We are a big Disney Junior household right now. She obviously has no idea what’s going on in the shows, but she loves the music. Bluey is this really cute show about Australian doggos and for the longest time she was uninterested, but recently she realized the theme song SLAPS. So that’s been a highlight of this season of life for me. Nothing, however, will ever trump Lou’s beloved Hotdog Song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. When that song comes in, she stops whatever she is doing, races to the television and starts dancing her tuchus off. It’s incredibly cute.
But that song haunts my dreams and will be the reason her first real word is hotdog.
Time: 1 day (prep + baking) | Serves: 1.5 dozen cookies
- 2 cups of flour – I used 1 cup of all-purpose + 1 cup of whole wheat
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of ginger
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. of honey or agave
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk flour + baking powder + baking soda + nutmeg + ginger + cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, whisk brown sugar + coconut sugar + honey + olive oil + 1/4 cup of water until smooth
- Whisk in dry ingredients into your wet just until a little flour is left
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Cover with plastic wrap + refrigerate overnight
- Preheat oven to 350
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto a baking mat lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Serve warm or room temperature
- Eat all of them before anyone gets home + pretend like you just bought a new cookie scented candle instead of baked all day
6 thoughts on “Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Mmmm. Ginger. 😍🍂🍪
LikeLiked by 1 person
These look great, I will definitely be trying them!
Please do! Let me know how they turn out!
I never thought of using nutmeg in cookies. Genuis!
1. Please mail me some of these cookies. They we be all mine as we have learned Zack’s feelings about ginger bread.
2. That Mickey Mouse song will forever live in my brain, along with the Minnie dance moves. My nieces were BIG in to it for several years. Welcome to the club!