There is nowhere to go but down from here.
And I’ve accepted my fate.
I saw the Jonas Brothers in concert this weekend. With my best friends. At Red Rocks. I recognize the first part of this might be considered, by some, to be a nightmare. But when you are a millennial who grew up listening to their CDs on repeat and trying to relate your dull, suburban life to that of every single song, it’s truly a dream come true. I practically wore a graphic, fitted tee of Joe’s face under all my clothes to high school for crying out loud. I’ve been waiting for this for as long as I can remember. Most obviously, they did not disappoint. Despite being the oldest people there minus the moms who drove their adolescent daughters there, it was magic. Joe took his shirt off and kissed Sophie Turner and we all chanted Kevin’s name giving him the recognition that beautiful man FINALLY deserves. What more could I ask for?
My only regret is not splurging on better seats so their sweat would fling on me.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 package of white or cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 12 oz. package of frozen spinach
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 1 cup of hummus, whatever flavor you’re digging
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast + more for serving
- 1/4 cup basil + more for serving
- 2 jars of marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook noodles to al dente
- Meanwhile, wrap tofu in a clean kitchen towel + place something heavy on top, let drain for 10 minutes
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add zucchini + mushrooms + bell pepper + S+P, cook 8-10 minutes
- Add spinach + cook another 5 minutes, remove from heat
- Crumble tofu into a bowl + add hummus + nutritional yeast + basil + Italian seasoning + garlic powder + crushed red pepper + S+P, mix well
- Pour some marinara in the bottom of a baking dish + layer 3 of the noodles + ricotta mix + veggies + marinara
- Repeat until all ingredients are used up
- Cover with foil + bake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil + bake another 5 if you want a little crispness on the edges
- Serve warm with basil + more nutritional yeast
- Take a slice to a friend along with a copy of your favorite Jonas Brothers CD and ask if you can rock out together
Adapted from here!
13 thoughts on “Vegan Lasagna”
It’s all about the sauce. 🌿🍅
I’m so with you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Who the hell is Kevin?
KEVIN JONAS. Look him up.
Looks yummy. I’ll have to make it.
Hope you like it! 🙂
Yum and double Yum Rachel. This is just what I want to eat right now. Thanks for the share.
Reblogged this on sketchuniverse and commented:
💚🍽️💙 HI DEARS! BEING VEGAN AVOIDS THE DEGRADATION OF THE PLANET, THIS ONE THAT OFFERS SO MANY MOTIFS FOR ARTISTS.
That looks so good!
Wow this looks so yummy 🤤🌱🙏
This looks to die for!