What’s fun about baby stomach viruses
is that moms get them too.
That’s right, ladies and gents, now I’m down for the count.
And on my baby’s birthday weekend no less! What an utter tragedy. Fortunately, I managed to muster enough energy to celebrate her a wee bit. By that I mean, I still stuck her in her hotdog costume, baked a couple of mini bundt cakes & opened her presents for her. Never have I felt joy like Lou did when she opened up a mini shopping cart with mini groceries inside. Just imagine a hotdog toddling through a kitchen with that. I’ll wait. I don’t know if everyone feels this way, but my kid’s birthday is just so much more fun than my own.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 2 sandwich rolls – I used french bread
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained + rinsed
- 2 large radishes, sliced thin
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced – up to you how many seeds you leave in
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Vegan mozz
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice your rolls open + drizzle 1 tbsp. of olive oil all over them
- Bake for 4-5 minutes to get golden
- Meanwhile, combine radishes + tomatoes + jalapeno + 1/2 the lime juice + S+P
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a sauce pan
- Add beans + cumin + chili powder + smoked paprika + S+P, cook 5-6 minutes, stirring + mashing occasionally
- Remove from heat + add remaining lime juice
- Spread some beans on your rolls + sprinkle with your vegan mozz, bake another 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melty
- Serve warm with your radish slaw on top
Recipe from here!
One thought on “Spicy Open-Faced Sammies”
You are a good mom. 🍃🌸