Ahh, a new year.
Time to set some goals I will never meet!
And convince myself that THIS is the year I become thoughtful!
Let’s face it, it’s not going to happen, I am who I am. I am, however, a fairly new member of the Peloton cult and plan on doing as many classes as possible this year! No, I don’t have a bike, you all already know I am far too cheap to spend that much money on a BIKE! But the app is wonderful. I was working out with G in our garage gym, but it is soooo very chilly in the winter and it plummeted my motivation. If I’m waking up at 5:30 to work out before Lou gets up, can I at least be warm doing it? Peloton classes to the rescue! The forced motivation from the coaches is a little much sometimes, but I’ve officially drank the juice & there is no going back.
Be my peloton friend! @Topangasmom – obviously.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of yellow rice (this is the kind I used)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 package of soyrizo
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 4-5 cups of veggie stock
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add soyrizo, cook until browned, 5-6 minutes
- Add chickpeas + tomatoes + raisins + cumin + chili powder + paprika + S+P, cook for a few minutes until tomatoes are gently simmering
- Add rice, cook another 3-4 minutes, toasting the rice
- Add stock, enough to cover, + bring to a boil
- Put pan into oven for 30 minutes
- Once rice is cooked, serve hot with cilantro
Adapted from here!