I really thought I was one of the very few lucky ones.
But alas, I am just like mostly everyone else.
I have a toddler who is picky AF.
For a while there, she would really eat and/or try just about anything! For months, this child really only wanted meat. She couldn’t get enough. No discrimination. Now, meat is the enemy, which, like, I personally understand, but it’s annoying after I spend my time preparing it in fun and exciting ways for her!!! Even chicken strips & things when we go out aren’t good enough for her. What kid doesn’t like chicken strips?! Oh my favorite – she hates mac & cheese. Won’t touch it. Will only eat pasta in spaghetti form. I’m running out of ideas that aren’t Dino Nuggets (the only safe meat, right now). I say all this because naan bread is v safe right now. I had these out to assemble into pizzas and next thing I know, she has a piece of naan hanging out of her pie hole.
At least we can now confirm my love of carbs is genetic.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6-7 pizzas
- Mini naan bread
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 package of crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup of butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of pasta or pizza sauce
- Vegan mozz, for baking
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange butternut squash on a lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P
- Roast for 20-25 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 5-6 minutes
- Add mushrooms + S+P, cook another 5-6 minutes
- Add balsamic vinegar, cook another minute, remove from heat
- To assemble, arrange naan on a baking sheet + top with sauce + veggies + cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Serve hot
- They’re practically appetizer sized to eat about 12 for dinner
Idea from here!
One thought on “Vegan Naan Pizzas”
I like using the mini naan breads. They seem to be a chewier version of the large size. 😋🌿