I know there isn’t a parenting manual.
We have to figure most things out on our own, I get it.
But could SOMEONE have warned us about how sick we’d be?!
Yes, the stomach virus hit our house for the third time in 2022. I didn’t even know it was possible to be sick that often in under 6 months. Because don’t forget the many colds! Lou got sick first on a Saturday. Literally over 72 hours later, it hit me & G. I feel like it was just lurking on our surfaces & toys like “hahahahah you naive twits think you’ve escaped me, but I’m going to get youuuuuuu.” & get us, it did.
Surely, we’ll get a break. Right? RIGHT??!!?!
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 cup of dry couscous
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 white onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 an English cucumber, quartered
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- Handful of kalamata olives, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook couscous to package directions
- Arrange tomatoes on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil + some S+P
- Roast for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a skillet over low heat
- Add onion + S, cook for 15 minutes or so, stirring occasionally
- To serve, combine drained couscous + tomatoes with their juices + onion + veggies + cilantro & drizzle with lemon juice
- Don’t get a stomach bug the day after making this or you will let your leftovers go to waste, I know from experience