Have I mentioned I’m with child?
Not sure if I’ve put that out here in the blogger-verse yet.
It’s true. Lou is such an angel, we thought why not go for 2 under 2, ya know?!
Really this was the greatest surprise of our lives. We went through fertility treatment to get Lou, so to just…get pregnant still feels surreal. Who knew that’s how it happened! We’re adding another girl to this gang, despite me being 100% positive it was a boy. When the nurse told me female, I was like wait excuse me female as in girl?? She said …yeah…. The best part about having the same gender is the amount of money saved on clothes & nursery decor. Poor little girl is getting all of Lou’s half busted shoes & dirty socks. We still love you just as much, we’re just cheap!!!
I’ve accepted I’m not sleeping soundly again for another 5-6 years at least.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 cup of Arborio rice, uncooked
- 1 container of vegetable stock
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of peas (if frozen, blanche in boiling water for like 2 seconds, then drain)
- Couple sprigs of mint
- Couple sprigs of basil
- Zest + juice from 1/2 a lemon + the juice from the other 1/2
- 1/4 cup + 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese (pick your poison)
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a stock pot or Dutch oven over low-medium heat
- Add onion + S, cook 4-5 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add rice, coating in goodness while toasting for about 2 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat stock in a lil pot over low heat
- Add stock one ladle at a time to the rice, stir + let absorb until rice is cooked, about 30, minutes
- In a food processor, combine peas + herbs + zest + juice from 1/2 the lemon + olive oil + S+P, pulse until a nice chunky texture
- Once rice is cooked, turn off heat + stir in pesto + cheese + the juice of the other half of that lemon + some S+P
- Serve warm with more peas + basil
- Lay your soft, supple cheek on a bowl of this + just relax
3 thoughts on “Pea Pesto Risotto”
Congrats! Lou’s going to love having a little sister! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
This looks fabulous. 😋🌿
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sending you congratulations and wishes for an easy pregnancy.