I am getting…rather large.
& I keep forgetting about it until I see a mirror or try to, oh I don’t know, just get up off the couch.
I was so hyper aware I was pregnant with Lou. It ruled all my thoughts. This time, it’s just all going by so quickly!
Granted, last time I was pregnant, Covid had locked us all down & I was forced to sit indoors on my large behind & just stare at my belly. This time, I’m moving & grooving! We’re busy with activities! I try to walk up a flight of stairs & am quickly humbled! I’m grateful it’s going by smoothly & quickly, but I also know I’ll miss it when it’s all over. I love feeling her kicks & wriggles. Even though neither Garr or Lou enjoy it…I really hope this kid gets some of my qualities & is not just a slick clone of her father.
All to say, if you see me, I am large, barely in charge & very hungry, so beware.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4 sandwiches
- 1 package of tempeh, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp of corn starch
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Pickled red onions
- Pickled cucumbers
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced radishes
- Big bunch of cilantro
- Crunchy bread
- Hot sauce or sriracha, for serving
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce + maple syrup + rice vinegar + sesame oil + garlic powder
- Pour over tempeh in a shallow dish, set aside to marinate for 15 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat
- Add tempeh slices + cook about 3 minutes on each side, reserve the marinade!
- Add the cornstarch to the remaining marinade
- When the tempeh is cooked, add the marinade to the skillet + cook another minute
- To serve, layer some tempeh on your crunchy bread + top with veggies + cilantro + hot sauce or sriracha
- Grab a bib & dig in
Adapted from here!