I mowed my lawn with hedge trimmers this weekend.
I suppose mow is the wrong verb. I ~freshened~ it up.
Garrett was gone and the lawn was very lush and our HOA is on steroids so I got a little panicky. I had to do something!
I spent about 22 hours weighing the pros and cons of starting the actual lawn mower. There were no pros, only cons. These include: amputating my own foot, losing control of it and it driving away from me, scalping the grass so badly I pull it all out and we have a bald yard, and running over Topanga, to name a few. I simply couldn’t do it. I made like 7 trips to the garage to will the mower to become less menacing, and I only successfully raised my BP. My original plan B was to use kitchen scissors, but I thought that could take a while. That’s when it happened – when I spotted the hedge trimmers! To town I went!
The neighbors think I am certifiable.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 8-9 enchiladas
- 6 tomatillos, washed + tops + bottoms sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, washed + seeded
- 1 onion, 1/2 quartered + the other half diced
- 4 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, + more for serving
- 1 lime
- Whole wheat tortillas
- 1 package of soyrizo
- 1 can of white beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 ear of corn, husks removed
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine tomatillos + serrano pepper + the quartered halve of the onion + 2 tbsp. of garlic + 1/2 cup of cilantro + juice of 1/2 a lime + S+P in a food processor, pulse until no chunks
- Place corn on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Roast for 15 minutes, turning once
- Once cooled, remove kernels + set aside
- Lower oven temp to 350
- Meanwhile, heat salsa verde in a sauce pan over low-med heat
- In a skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat
- Add soyrizo, cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add onion, cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Add white beans + corn, cook another 1-2 minutes
- Spread half of the salsa verde on the bottom of a baking dish
- To assemble, lay a tortilla flat + fill with soyrizo filling + arrange in dish, repeat
- Spread a lil more of the salsa verde on top
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven + top with remaining salsa
- Bake another 15
- Serve hot
- Eat as many of these as it takes to become the new emoji with the goofy smily + drool coming out of his mouth
Idea from here!