I took public transit and didn’t die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Taking the bus was a thrill! I felt like an independent city girl or a common plebian or something.
What misconceptions I had about this mode of transportation!
First, I thought they were unsafe. I had this notion that busses just ~flip~ over on the regular. This is false, apparently. Second, I thought they were dirty. It was clean AND I had a personal vent and reading light. Cute! Finally, I thought there were just too many variables for my feeble mind to comprehend. How do I pay? How do we file in? Are there assigned seats? What if the bus driver kidnaps me and takes me to his lair?
The bus driver did have to show me how to insert the coins, so once he figured out I was an idiot he decided to let me go.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 sandwiches
- 1 bundle of asparagus, washed + trimmed
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 8 slices of swiss cheese
- 1 cup of gorgonzola
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 8 slices of sourdough
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Arrange asparagus on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Roast for 13 minutes
- Meanwhile, smash avocado in a bowl + stir in red pepper + S+P
- Once cooled, cut asparagus in half
- On two pieces of bread, spread some avocado on one side + butter on the other
- On the avocado side, add a piece of swiss + asparagus + gorgonzola + another piece of swiss + top with the other piece of bread, avocado side down, repeat
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Grill sandwich for 3 minutes, flip + grill another 2 minutes
- Serve hot
- Get a big ole bowl of soup + dunk this bad boy like you aint never dunked before