I am exercising again!
Well, I have three times since I was cleared last week, and I don’t think that’s nothing!
I know you can exercise in pregnancy and I really tried, I tell you, and I did pretty well for the first 28 weeks, I think. But once I physically & mentally shifted into the third trimester, I was like…yeah…I’m done moving when it isn’t absolutely necessary. 40 extra pounds is a lot to carry around! But now I’m back in the game. After one gym session and a 20 minute yoga video, my non-existent abs were incredibly sore. So it’s going well.
And despite my maternity leggings all being too big now, I don’t plan on ever wearing real pants again.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 red apple, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb. of brussels sprouts, shredded or chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled + diced
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups of arugula
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spread sweet potato + brussels sprouts on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Roast 25-30 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice + remaining olive oil + S+P
- In a large bowl, combine arugula + apple + roasted veggies + quinoa + S+P, drizzle with lemon dressing
- Serve chilled or room temp
- Eat this after another 20 minute yoga video + experience the ~height~ of fitness