I saw humans IN PERSON this weekend!
After 29 years of extreme introversion, who knew I’d be so happy to leave the house?
Don’t worry, I didn’t touch a soul & it was a small, trusted group at someone’s home.
It just felt so nice to do something seemingly ~normal~. I love Garrett with my entire heart, but he is LITERALLY the only human being I’ve really seen in 2 months. It was nice to converse in person with others. The not hugging or getting too close thing was a little odd, but tbh I could get used to it. I’ll do whatever it takes for this virus to get gone & business to reopen! Idk about where y’all live, but NC has just barely begun to open up. Still no bars or dining in at restaurants which I’m grateful for, but it is nice to see the streets a bit busier. If only we could all just wear our masks, social distance & follow the daggum rules, we might actually get through this quarantine & not have to do it again after all!
But my faith in mere mortals is lacking these days, so we’ll see.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4 sandwiches
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tbsp. of cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 3/4 cup plain almond milk
- 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. of grainy mustard
- 1 tsp. of sriracha
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Tomato slices, for serving
- Arugula, for serving
- Toasted hoagies, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine flour + garlic + onion powder + cajun seasoning + cumin + paprika + S+P
- Add in milk + 3/4 cup of water, combine until formed into a batter
- In another bowl, add bread crumbs
- Dredge cauliflower florets in batter, then bread crumbs + place in air fryer basket in an even layer (might have to do two rounds of frying)
- Air fry for 20 minutes, flipping once
- Meanwhile, combine mustard + sriracha + juice of 1/2 a lemon
- To serve, spread your mustard mix on both sides of a hoagie, add tomato slices + cauliflower + arugula + drizzle with some of the remaining lemon juice
- Serve hot
- Squeeze the bread together to kind of mush everything together + unhinge your jaw + go to town
Adapted from here!