I have…run out of things to talk about….
I usually have a funny or at least borderline entertaining anecdote to share after the weekend.
But when you do the same thing four weekends in a row, it all starts to blur.
I finished a puzzle. We watched Ozark. I’m reading a book. Sometimes I nap. It’s getting wild up in here, is what I’m trying to say. I really just feel like a worthless bump on a leg, quite honestly. I’d prefer to feel a little more useful while in quarantine but I have no skills. I can’t sew masks for hospital workers, I can’t provide any services to those in need. What am I good for, seriously? Do you all know of any way I can contribute to society from the comforts of my home? I need to do SOMETHING.
I can’t keep making bread, I’m going to actually explode.
Time: 3 hours (prep + baking) | Serves: 1 loaf
- 2/3 cup of plain almond milk
- 6 3/4 tsp. of active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of S
- 5 tbsp. of vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of blueberry jam
- Warm the milk in a sauce pan to 98.6-113 degrees
- Turn off heat, stir in yeast + 1 tbsp. of sugar, let activate for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine flour + remaining sugar + S in a bowl
- Stir in yeast mixture + softened butter
- Mix with your hands until combined + knead for 8-10 minutes or until a dough forms
- Place dough in a large greased bowl, cover with a dish towel + let rise for an hour
- Place on a lightly floured surface + knead for a while longer until air is out
- Roll out the dough to a rectangle
- Spread with blueberry jam
- Roll up the dough taco style (long ways)
- Transfer to a greased baking dish
- Obvio, it won’t fit like this, so just smash it all around, folding the dough in on top of itself, this is gonna give you your swirls
- Cover with a dish towel + let rest another 45 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 355
- Brush loaf with a lil more milk
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool more
- Serve warm or room temp
- Slather a slice with a lil vegan butter + slap on face, repeat with remaining slices until totally covered in bread
Adapted from here!