I am SO happy Game of Thrones is back!!!!
^ A thing I have never said.
Though I do appreciate any excuse to host a watch party so I’m here for it.
I especially love this Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke love story. Not because of their intense physical connection or because it’s an intriguing plot line. It’s simply because they’re both so gorgeous. People that look that way just need to be on my television screen pretending to be in love. The creators really missed the boat on not giving them more screen time, honestly. Unfortunately, the new episode brought me but a single kiss. There are a whole host of other characters I’m supposed to be invested in (Joshua Jackson, it’s nice to see you working!). Alas, I will hold out hope for a spinoff with just Kit and Emilia and their dragons and it will be a lighthearted, live studio sitcom about life in prehistoric times or something.
My fellow watch party attendees only had to beg me to shut up and stop asking questions once, so I consider it a success.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Lettuce, for serving
- Tomato, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Buns, for serving
- Toast quinoa over low-medium heat for a few minutes, stirring often
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, drain
- In a bowl, mash cannellini beans
- Stir in onion + cilantro + nutritional yeast + breadcrumbs + cooked quinoa + garlic + chili powder + cumin + paprika + red pepper + S+P
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Form into patties + place 2-3 in the skillet, not overcrowding, cook for 4 minutes per side or until crispy
- Repeat with remaining patties
- To serve, place a patty on a bun + top with lettuce + tomato + avocado
- Take burger in one hand, smush it between your grimy fingers + rub contents on your face in a nice war paint fashion, you are prepared to attack the rest of the burgers