Our house is being overrun.
By baby items.
I’m not complaining – I’ve dreamed of this for years, but it is getting hard to maneuver around the ginormous boxes this stuff comes in.
We’re having a virtual shower in a couple of weekends so I’m not allowed to open any of them either which adds an extra layer of fun. Any package that arrives that doesn’t seem like the shape of something we personally ordered just goes straight into the nursery. Or in the case of a couple boxes that are the size of an 8 year old, they will just sit in the dining room until I’m allowed to open. All these boxes are putting a damper on my ~nesting~ of which I tried to begin this weekend. Washing and folding all of her little ‘fits and crawling on my hands & knees in her room trying to make sure none of the little plastic tags I ripped off her clothes lodged themselves in the carpet for her to eat.
I’m a natural at motherhood!
Time: 45 minutes (prep + baking) | Serves: 12 muffins
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger
- Pinch of S
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. of ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease a muffin tin + place muffin cups in each holder
- Combine flax meal + 1/3 cup of water in a lil bowl + set aside
- Combine flour + oats + baking powder + cinnamon + nutmeg + ginger + S
- Microwave coconut oil until liquid
- Add coconut oil to a separate bowl + add carrots + milk + brown sugar + vanilla
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Divide batter between tins + top with a sprinkle of oats + walnuts
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Serve warm
- Serve to your husband too and see if the first words out of his mouth are also “wow, these taste healthy”
Adapted from here!