Nothing like moving to make you realize you have too many underpants.
Between the two of us, there are just underpants everywhere.
Moving so much has really made me a master of minimalism. Everything we own has a purpose and a place. Except, that is, for all of the freaking underpants!
The movers arrive Monday. They are beautiful angels who are going to pack up all of our junk for us. But because I anticipate these angels coming in disguise as giant, burly dudes, I’m taking it upon myself to pack our delicates. Although I trust these gentleman are hygienic, I cannot allow their grubby paws on such personal items! There are, like, 3 bags worth of undergarments thus far. Why? Where did these come from?? I blame the 5 for $20 bins at Target.
I also have, like, a lot of athletic gear for someone who only does yoga and goes on walks.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 9-10 lettuce wraps
- 1 package of tempeh, cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled + shredded into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced thin, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Butter lettuce leaves, for sering
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp. of sriracha
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine carrot + jalapeno + radishes + cucumber
- Add vinegar + sugar + about 1 tsp. of salt
- Let sit while you prepare tempeh
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add tempeh + S+P, cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned on all sides
- Add soy sauce, cook another 1-2 minutes or until absorbed
- Remove from pan
- Combine mayo + sriracha, set aside
- To assemble, add tempeh + pickled veggies + some avocado + cilantro + sriracha mayo in a lettuce cup
- Pack picnic, head to a grassy knoll + have your sweetie feed you these while simultaneously fanning you