Quick! I need a way to stream every football game in the country on any screen in my house legally and for free.
We have officially been cable-free people for three months.
For the most part I feel like we are happier, dumber people. We’ve saved a ton of money and know nothing about what’s going on in the real world. It’s so dope.
Until my husband remembered it’s football season and I remembered I am the Seahawks number one fan! We are in a serious predicament here. I cannot not dress Topanga and I up in our matching jerseys and prance around the house screaming at the television. I just won’t do it. Our other option is to post up at the local Buffalo Wild Wings and bribe the bartenders to put all of the screens on the games we want also kicking out all other patrons. But I’d have to pack my own snacks and that involves a lot of advanced planning. I suppose we could break down and buy some sort of football package, but I prefer the weekly bi-weekly agony and complaining.
Until then, we will refresh ESPN’s homepage while bingeing Queer Eye.
Time: 2 hours (prep _ cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, water drained
- 1/2 cup of roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Basil, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine flours + a pinch of S, stir
- Make a well in the center + add 3/4 cup of water + 3 tbsp. of olive oil, stir until you got a doughy thang
- It’ll likely be a lil dry, so go on with your bad self, add another 1/4 cup of water, combine well
- Once you have a dough ball, put on a floured surface + begin to knead for a full 10 minutes
- Place back in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap + refrigerate for an hour
- Meanwhile, pulse sunflower seeds in a food processor
- Add tofu, process until combined with seeds
- Pour all of that in a bowl + add remaining olive oil + lemon zest + lemon juice + garlic + nutritional yeast + crushed red pepper + some S+P, combine well
- Remove pasta dough from refrigerator + cut in half
- Take one half, roll out on a floured surface until a nice + thin rectangle, about 1/8 inch thick
- With the long side of the dough facing you, use a lil cookie scoop + scoop some tofu ricotta onto one section + repeat until you fill up a lil row
- Fold dough in half over the tofu ricotta + press gently around the ricotta to form lil squares
- Wet your fingers + pinch the edges all together
- Using a pizza cutter, cut your lil guys, making sure to continue pinching the edges to tuck away all the filling + place on a plate
- Repeat with the other dough half
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil
- Cook 3-4 at a time until raviolis pop to the top, about 3 minutes
- Serve hot with basil + your favorite tomato sauce – here’s mine – sans the cheese
- Rub saucy raviolis on face like a luxurious mask + draw yourself a bubble bath + nibble on the lil guys while you relax, you deserve it
Recipe from Thug Kitchen!