This Christmas season has been one of the most shocking of my life.
Not only did I get the fewest presents I have ever received (but who is counting or complaining),
But I discovered this seemingly universal trend that I am not on board with.
Santa doesn’t wrap presents?????? What kind of absolute malarkey is this? Apparently, he doesn’t have “time” or something, I don’t really know, I tuned out. I just can’t get behind this. Santa ALWAYS wrapped my presents. I’m not saying he did this himself, those elves of his certainly had a hand. & you know Mrs. Claus spends the entire year preparing bows & what not. I just cannot stand seeing photos of people’s Christmas mornings and there are all of these gifts just under the tree all willy nilly! Naked gifts! That’s fewer gifts to unwrap which is literally the most fun part. I’m not budging on this.
My Santa also did little gift tags on my presents that said “to: Rachel from: Santa” & while it is suspicious Santa & my mother had the same handwriting, I respect how well put together the wrappings were.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + baking) | Serves: 12-16 cookies
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- Pinch of S
- Powdered sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, combine sugar + oil
- Add milk + vanilla, stir to combine
- Add flour + cocoa powder + baking powder + S + combine
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop some dough + rub in powdered sugar, place on lined baking sheet (I used baking mats), repeat
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven + let sit on the hot sheet pan a couple more minutes
- After a few minutes to let them firm up, transfer to a wire rack to cool
- Calories don’t count in 2021 anymore, eat them all!!!!!
Adapted from here!