God bless football.
Perhaps that sounds a little backwoods or something, but I mean it with all my heart.
I can’t even put into words how happy I am the NFL is back.
One of the true delights of my life is putting on my Seahawks gear & forcing Topanga to wear her jersey and gluing myself to the TV to watch my baby boys play. During the National Anthem, they panned to Russell Wilson praying with a couple of guys and I LOST IT. Like big, ugly sobs. I’d like to blame it on the hormones, but I think I was just overwhelmed that football is back and there is some sense of normalcy in our lives. Top it off with a win and I was pretty inconsolable.
Garrett is so supportive during these times. He just kept bringing me snacks and cleaning up my dishes so I could fully enjoy.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 2 cups of cooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 peaches, peeled + sliced
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups of arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine pasta + peaches + corn + tomato + red onion + arugula + S+P
- In another bowl, combine lemon juice + olive oil + S+P
- Drizzle dressing on salad + serve chilled or room temperature
- Put on a lil sundress + pour yourself something bubbly + enjoy this salad al fresco, pretending you’re someplace way better than wherever you actually are