I’m really sick and tired of being the selfless one in this family.
I give until it HURTS.
And I ask for so little in return.
Then we have another discussion about why I don’t zoom in on anyone else in photos before declaring my favorites and that is just more than I can handle in a day.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 6-8 dolmas, chopped up (I find mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 2-3 rainbow carrots, sliced in thin rounds
- 4-6 mini bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of dill, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 4-6 cups of arugula, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange chickpeas + carrots on a lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P, roast for 25 minutes, tossing once in the middle
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice + remaining olive oil + dill + S+P, stir well
- Combine peppers + olives + cucumbers + pour dilly lemon dressing on top
- To serve, arrange some arugula on a plate + top with roasted chickpeas + carrots + marinated veggies + dolmas
- Snarf this baby down + then wash it down with the remaining dolmas in your can