I’m ready to start a collection.
Apparently, worldly humans have a “thing” they collect. It might be coffee mugs or coins, a specific animal figurine perhaps.
If I’m going to do it, I really want to do it right, ya know? Like, I tried the elephant figurine thing for a while, but I forgot why I started & that makes for a mega-lame collection story. I could do Titanic memorabilia but that’s so obvious. I really want to wow people with this.
I was antiquing yesterday and was just inspired. One man had thousands and thousands of unused postcards. Each postcard was individually wrapped in cellophane and then filed in order of subject. I love filing systems! Another man had a killer stamp collection. You simply don’t know how often you might need a “fabulous” stamp. My favorite, though, was a collection of antique tiaras. Can you even imagine the damage I could have done as a child if my grandmother had a tiara collection? My school pictures would have been epic.
I do, however, have about 18 NOW CD’s that might lay the groundwork for a serious compact disc collection….
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 sandwiches
- 1 pound of cod, cut into sandwich sizes
- 1/2 head of red cabbage
- 1 tbsp. of distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. of parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp. of sriracha
- S+P, to taste
- Whole wheat buns
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Meanwhile, combine panko + parsley + garlic powder + lemon pepper + S+P in a bowl
- Dredge cod in the panko + arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Spray with cooking spray + bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy + flaky
- Meanwhile, combine cabbage + vinegar + olive oil in a bowl, set aside
- In another bowl, combine + mayonnaise + sriracha
- Toast buns when fish are almost done
- To assemble, spread some sriracha mayo on a bun + lay a piece of fish down + top with slaw + other bun
- Serve hot
- Pretend you are in an eating competition + time yourself to see how fast you can get all of these into your puny stomach