A thing we should have done 4 years ago:
Invest in a king bed.
Truly, how has our marriage survived up until this point?
It’s not that we don’t love cuddling. We’re a big cuddling couple. We cuddle watching tv, cuddle while we read, cuddle while we scroll through our phones looking at memes and food pix. But when it’s time for night night, it’s time for night night. We go our separate ways. It’s an absolute no limb touching zone. If a toe crosses the border and caresses a calf, it’s like Mortal Kombat 7. Hence the need for a ginormous king bed. It’s basically like having three lil twin beds all connected. One for Garr, one for me & Topanga has one all to herself!
Now if only the bed frame would arrive & we could lift our mattress off the floor and stop living like frat boys.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 grilled cheeses
- 1 loaf of crusty bread, sliced
- 3 cups of arugula, packed
- 6 slices of vegan pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup of vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 20 dried apricots
- 1 tbsp of capers
- 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- In a sauce pan, add apricots + just enough water to cover
- Bring to a boil, turn off + remove from heat
- Mix in capers + dijon mustard + oil + some S+P
- Add to a food processor + pulse until chunky but spreadable
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to cook
- Spread one side of a piece of bread with butter + the other with cream cheese, repeat with all breads
- On the cream cheese side, spread some jam + top with cheese + arugula + another piece of bread, cream cheese side down, repeat with all sandwiches
- Add a lil butter to a skillet over medium heat
- Cook sammies for 2-3 minutes on each side
- Serve hot
- Dip sammie into vat of jam, use sammie to trace jam heart on face + get self portraits made