It’s a weird thing when you realize your parents are old.
Like, it really forces you to wrestle with your own mortality.
It hit me this week when I innocently asked my dad what he was doing and he responded with, “trolling neighborhood watch Facebook groups leaving fake concerns.”
The man is not yet 60, but he is obviously senile. He left a comment on this neighborhood watch site insinuating that renters are the root of the town’s problems. And I quote, “They’re trash. We don’t want ’em!” Insanity ensued obviously. The man got a big kick out of it. Thus sparking a new interest in the latest internet fad – trolling. He’s just truly embracing his reality as a crotchety old grandpa, yet in the modern era he’s able to do it from the comfort of his office chair in front of a computer screen while simultaneously playing Grand Theft Auto.
I suggest he take up walking or playing cards, but he prefers the mystique of his internet persona – I wonder where he gets it from?¿
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 1 pizza
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 bundle of broccolini, washed
- 4 oz. of mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Cooking spray for the grill
- Heat yo grill up!
- Spray your lemons + broccolini with some cooking spray
- Arrange on the grill, but not directly over coals or on the hottest part of the grill
- Grill lemons 2 minutes, flip + grill another 1, remove
- Flip broccolini after 3 minutes, flip + grill another 2, remove
- Arrange mozzarella on a pizza crust
- Top with broccolini + lemon + goat cheese + S+P
- Spray grill + lay pizza on grill, again not on the hottest part
- Grill for 3 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted
- Remove + top with crushed red pepper
- Take each side of the pizza, fold into a boat + sink into your pie hole
Idea from the latest issue of Food + Wine magazine!