So about this packing thing.
We’re two days in and I think I’m over it.
I mean, not that I’m helping. But my supervisory role is really weighing on me.
I’ll remind you we are possibly months away from moving. With that, I’d personally only like to pack things we don’t use often or that aren’t aesthetically pleasing. Enter my knick knacks and wall hangings. Do I use them everyday? Not in a practical sense, no. Do they bring me joy and make our house a home? Most definitely. I turn my back for one second and this man packs ALL my knick knacks and starts taking down my wall hangings. Is he out of his mind?! Apparently.
He also tried to convince me to get rid of my books and get a Kindle. Again, I’m not sure we’re going to make it through this.
Time: 1.5 hours (prep + baking) | Serves: A family of two for about an afternoon
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. of lemon extract
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 tbsp. of lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. of S
- 2.5 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- dd butter + sugar to a mixer, cream together
- Add in vanilla + lemon extract, mix
- In another bowl, combine flour + baking powder + S
- With the mixer on low, add flour mixture a little at a time until it combines with butter + sugar
- Add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice in a measuring glass + add almond milk, mix + let sit for a couple of minutes
- Pour in the milk to the other ingredients + combine
- Fold in lemon zest
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray + add batter
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Remove + cover with foil, bake another 20 minutes
- While the cake cools, combine powdered sugar + remaining lemon juice
- Once completely cool, pour on glaze
- Serve at any time of day + try not to eat entire loaf in one sitting, I suggest serving slices to neighbors to ensure self-control
Adapted from here!