Like, can we just not with the hurricanes?
I mean, who has the time?
Dorian is a lil brat.
He’s just chilling over the Bahamas, wreaking havoc, leaving the rest of us to wonder where he’s headed next on his quest for destruction. I legit didn’t even know NC was in this bro’s path. I was at tea with pals this weekend and one mentioned prepping for the storm and I was like aca-scuse me? My anxious behind obvio ran straight to the grocery store to stock up on non-perishable foods. Do you know how hard it is to make healthy vegan meals with only canned or boxed goods?! It ain’t great! And of course the grocery was out of bottled water already. These peeps go berserk, man. Like, apparently schools are already closed for Thursday. Ya girl is just over here praying to the good Lord above I don’t lose power & have to sleep in a boiling hot home for nights on end again. (First world problems, I know, OK?!)
Though I did stock up on some new Bath & Body Works candles because like hurricane prep, duh.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 stuffed sweet potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 lb. of spinach
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger, minced
- Juice + zest of a lemon
- 1 14 oz. can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork + roast for an hour
- Arrange chickpeas on a lined baking sheet + bake for 20-25 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large rimmed skillet or dutch oven over medium heat
- Add onion + some S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic + ginger, cook another minute
- Add sun-dried tomatoes + lemon zest + crushed red pepper, cook another 3 minutes
- Add spinach, one handful at a time, letting each handful wilt slightly
- Add chickpeas
- Add coconut milk + lemon juice + S+P, bring to a boil, turn down heat + simmer for 10 minutes
- Slice open cooled sweet potatoes + top with spinach + chickpea mix, top with cilantro + serve hot
- Using your fork as a lil shovel, just dig up a scoop of that goodness + slingshot it at your sweetie’s face + give him or her a creepy, soft smile from across the room
Adapted from here!