Our world, man.
Idk about y’all, but I feel a heaviness and a sadness I just haven’t in a long time.
I’ve been praying for a while for the Lord to open my eyes to the injustices of the world and not just leave me feeling numb or paralyzed by my own fear and anxiety.
Welp, they are WIDE OPEN, Big Man! I’m hearing you loud and clear! It’s not that I haven’t realized systemic racism is rampant in our country. I’ve just felt too overwhelmed by the issue to do anything about it which I realize is a privileged and lame excuse. I was happy to shut up last week and just listen and learn. I’m still pretty overwhelmed and anxious and incredibly scared to say/do the wrong thing. But I guess we have to get uncomfortable if we want to grow and be better, and that’s all I want to do!
And it’s time something other than my midsection grows.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 spuds
- 4 russet baking potatoes, scrubbed clean + holes poked throughout
- Chili recipe (any leftovers taste great with some brown rice!)
- Green onion, for serving
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450
- Drizzle a tbsp. of olive oil on each potato with some S+P, rub all over
- Wrap each loosely in foil + place on a baking sheet
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until tender
- Meanwhile, make chili
- To serve, split potato down the middle + top with chili + green onions
- Dig in face first