Our world is so divided right now.
We desperately need something to unite us.
Enter: a new season of The Bachelorette.
It feels like months since we’ve had a new season. Oh wait…. I truly feel like yesterday in anticipation of the premiere the internet was the happiest it’s been all 2020. The people really came together in excitement over this absolute dumpster fire of a season. I was jazzed all day until about 3pm when my internet went out. They said it would be back by 7:06 and I resolved to be OK with missing the first 6 minutes. Don’t you know it didn’t come back until 6 THIS MORNING. What a first world, minor inconvenience I had to suffer and be BEHIND on this morning’s internet jokes and memes.
But I’m caught up now and you cannot convince me otherwise that Clare and Dale were in cahoots long before this started.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- Pita chips
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 English cucumber, 1/2 sliced thin + 1/2 shredded on a cheese grater
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives
- 1 cup of plain vegan yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro or parsley, to taste (I hate parsley and you won’t see me use it even when I should)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange chickpeas on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P
- Bake 25 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt + shredded cucumber + lemon juice + remaining olive oil + S+P
- To serve, arrange some pita chips on a plate + top with chickpeas + cucumber slices + tomatoes + olives + drizzle with tzatziki + top with cilantro or parsley
- Serve room temp
- Slap on a bib cause you’re getting tzatziki allllll over you