The third trimester is…..no joke.
I’ve only been in it for four days, but I am WHOOPED.
It feels like the first trimester…just fatter.
I was trying to blame not feeling well on the altitude, but after two solid weeks in CO, I think I’m adjusted. That means I can only blame one thing – my unborn child! It’s good I’m starting early so I can get the hang of it, I’m hopeful we’ll find so many wonderful things to blame each other for over the years. My personal favorite side effect is the acid reflux I’ve developed. It wakes me up in the night, feeling like my throat and chest are filled with fiery bile. I’m hopeful, though, that the old wive’s tale is true and all this heartburn means a super hairy baby. I’d be fine if she’s bald, of course, but I love a good hairy babe.
Have I ruined your appetite yet?
- 2 cups of quinoa, cooked
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 cup of purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled + shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. of agave
- 1/2 tsp. of Sriracha
- Juice of 1 lime
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange chickpeas on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Bake 20-25 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter + soy sauce + rice vinegar + agave + Sriracha + lime juice
- To serve, combine quinoa + chickpeas + cabbage + carrot + bell pepper + peanut butter sauce + cilantro
- Serve warm or chilled
- Grab a fork in each hand + dig in, alternating forks between bites to save time
Adapted from here!