Want to know how to keep the romance alive in your marriage?
I have some tried and true tips for you.
When there is an overly commercialized holiday like Valentine’s Day, first things first. At the very last minute, get each other grocery store cards featuring lil animals. Accompany the card with some candy that the other person does not want and will inevitably take to work to share with colleagues.
To fully celebrate the occasion, plan to do absolutely nothing. Less than nothing. Crawl into your hermit shells and hibernate, in fact. When you get hungry, make some homemade pizzas at like 3pm and eat them standing up at the kitchen counter. Then, go for a walk around town to work off the many carbs you just consumed. Come back home, put on your fugliest sweats and make the man watch Netflix original teen rom coms. Get in bed by 8pm – SHARP! Read a few chapters of your books. Lights out by 9pm.
Keeping it spicy!
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 1 pizza
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Pizza crust of your liking (I used a cauli crust here!)
- Pulse cashews in a food processor until nice + crumbly
- Add milk + flour + nutritional yeast + lemon + garlic powder + onion powder + 1 tbsp. of olive oil + most of the basil, reserving a lil for topping, + S+P, process until smooth + creamy
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat
- Cook corn for a few minutes, charring + getting some color on those bad boys
- Spread cashew cream on a crust + top with spinach + corn + tomatoes
- Bake 13-15 minutes until your crust is done + your tomatoes + spinach or wilted
- Remove + top with avocado + more basil, serve warm
- Rub any leftover white sauce on your face + let it harden like a face mask, allowing the cashew nutrients to fully clog your pores
Sauce adapted from here!