Moments ago, I learned something incredibly disturbing.
I warn you, this is going to be graphic.
There are apparently people in America who only eat meat.
I mean, ONLY eat meat. BY CHOICE! Not lack of resources. No fruits, no veggies, no grains. Just……meat. Can you imagine what their insides look like?!?! I imagine everything just covered in tar. Their poor guts and heart! Some of them even use skin and body care products made of…..meat. Like beef moisturizers. Have you ever heard of anything more grotesque???? I know this sounds like I’m judging these folks. I don’t mean to, I’m just genuinely shocked. They rub beef on themselves!!!! Maybe there’s something to it, I don’t know. I just want to stick with my Cetaphil face wash, OK?
Wait, do people say the same things about me since I DON’T eat meat??!!?!
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 cylindrical package of polenta, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 ripe plantains, peeled + chopped into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 lime
- 5 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- S+P, to taste
- Jalapeno, sliced thin, for serving
- Red cabbage, sliced thin, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cover + cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until caramelized
- Remove from the pan + set aside
- Heat another tbsp. of olive oil to the pan + place half of your polenta rounds, cook 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp, cook remaining polenta using another tbsp. of olive oil if needed
- Meanwhile, heat another tbsp. of oil in another large skillet over medium heat + place half of your plantains, cooking 2-3 minutes on each side or until caramelized to your desire, cook remaining plantains using another tbsp. of olive oil
- Meanwhile, heat black beans in a pot over medium heat
- Add cumin + chili powder + half the lime juice + S+P, cook 5-7 minutes
- To assemble, place some polenta on a plate + top with beans + onion + plantains + some jalapeno + cabbage + cilantro + serve with a sauce of your choosing
- Eating these lil mini stacks, pretend like you’re a dainty + delicate flower and not the greedy lil food monster you are