Tomorrow I will go where I never in a million years thought I would go.
A Garth Brooks concert.
It’s Garr’s birthday weekend. This is how we celebrate in this household.
I don’t know much about Garth, but do hear he puts on an entertaining show. I’m really just into it for Tricia Yearwood. I love that gal. Not her singing, though, she is talented in that department. I’m into her Food Network show. We have entirely opposite eating habits (she’s a lil more fried chicken, I’m a lil more fried chickpea), but I just love her style. I think we’d be pals. Like, I’d like to get together for cocktails with Trish (“may I call you Trish?”) and just hang. Maybe we could cook something together. Something with loads of vegan butter or something.
Once I load her with carbs, I will audition for her and solidify my future in fame.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- Trader Joe’s butternut squash pumpkin-shaped pasta shells, cooked to al dente
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 4 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of plain almond milk
- 6 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1/4 cup of sage, chopped
- S+P, to taste
- Heat 3 tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic, cook for a minute, stirring
- Add flour, stir to combine
- Add almond milk 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly, cook for 2 minutes
- Add sauce to a food processor + nutritional yeast + garlic powder + plenty of S+P, process until smooth
- Add sauce back to skillet + bring to a bubble, reduce heat + stir until thickened
- Meanwhile in another skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat
- Add sage + cook for 4-5 minutes, drain on paper towel
- Add pasta + red pepper + peas + sage + some S+P, stir to coat
- Serve hot
- Spread lil alfredo punkins all across table + create autumn mosaic, then destroy with mouth
Alfredo from here: