Have I mentioned how fun home ownership is?
One thing they don’t advertise on Zillow is all of the projects you get to do on weekends!!!
Not that I, personally, am doing any projects, but I am overseeing.
This weekend, Garr worked on painting our kitchen cabinets. They were the darkest brown you’ve ever seen with no hardware and just kind of drab. My dream has been to have white kitchen cabinets basically since Pinterest launched. Well, he made them come true! He and some of our pals started painting this weekend and the first thing he said as he made his first brushstroke was, “Yeah, that’s not good…” so it’s really surprising they turned out as well as they did. We also added hardware and as Garr was putting them on he was like, “Oh no…” and we realized he drilled the holes incorrectly on about 3/4th of the cabinets. I love my handyman.
Then I cooked & grease splattered on all of them & the dream went into the dumps.
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 cup of strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cub of blackberries
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 6 cups of mixed greens
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of agave
- 1 tsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425
- Arrange chickpeas on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tsp. of olive oil + cinnamon + red pepper + S+P
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, whisk together apple cider vinegar + agave + mustard + shallot + remaining olive oil + S+P
- Meanwhile toast your walnuts for a few minutes over low-medium heat, tossing often
- To assemble, add greens to a bowl + top with berries + chickpeas + walnuts + dressing
- Serve chilled
- Prepare a bowl for yourself + sit out on your porch + feel the health + sunshine running through your veins
Adapted from here!