It would be nice to put on makeup and pants.
Technically, nothing is stopped me from doing that now.
Except I barely have enough motivation to practice proper hygiene. Who do I have to impress?!
I mean, welcome to my first world problem of the day, but I just want to get dolled up! But I’m sorry, I can’t fathom using my v expensive Wet & Wild highlighter when no one will actually see it. I’ve also spent these last 6 weeks going through some rigorous training. By that, I mean I’ve trained my hair to only be washed once a week. By train, I mean, I just ignore the grease or throw it up in a bun & headband & pretend everything is OK. Zoom calls aren’t even enough to motivate me. I’ve learned I can face the window in such a way I practically look like a ghost and no one *really* knows if I did anything to myself.
The lengths I will go to live like a trash panda in peace.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5
- 1 package of whole wheat angel hair or thin spaghetti
- 2 red tomatoes, diced
- 2 yellow tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 Anaheim chiles, seeded + chopped
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tsp. of oregano
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes + S, let stand for about 40 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente, drain
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add tomato sauce, bring to a simmer + cook for 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes + chiles + spinach + oregano + red pepper + S+P, cook another minute
- Turn off heat + add pasta to pan with more S+P, if desired
- Serve warm
- Tuck yourself into the deepest recess of the couch + pull a hoodie up over your head + eat your pasta in the peace of your private love cave
Adapted from here!