Baby Louisa is on the outside of my body, finally.
And we are starting to have something resembling structured naps??? So I am finally returning to the blog-o-sphere.
She is so kewl, y’all. I won’t share anything embarrassing about her because this will be on the interwebs forever and I don’t really need to give her future teenage self another reason to resent me. So I will just share the following: she smells delicious, like a pink ball of love; she has a thick head of dark lettuce & her daddy’s killer cowlick right up front – something to resent him for down the line for which I’m v grateful; she has big blue eyes but they are deeper than mine and Garrett’s so she could have a different father, who is to say; oh and she was 8.5 lbs at birth & mom paid for it.
That last bit wasn’t embarrassing was it? Because I promised myself the embarrassing bit I wouldn’t share is that she blows out her diapers & gets poop on her belly like once a week.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 crunch wraps
- 6 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1.5 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp. of hummus
- 1 avocado, mashed or sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Lay down a tortilla on a flat surface (not the skillet yet) + top with rice + beans + veggies + hummus + S+P
- Trim a lil bit off around another tortilla, making it slightly smaller than the one topped with goodness rn
- Place the smaller tortilla on the bigger one + tuck the bigger one over it, folding all the edges
- As carefully as possible (there will be spillage), place seam side down in hot skillet, cook 4-5 minutes
- Flip, cook another 4-5 minutes
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
- Carefully cut in half + serve warm
- Say a prayer you can fold your tortillas better than I can + avoid eating half the contents out of the skillet