After 6 long weeks, my boo is HOME.
We’ve done way longer obvio, but this time particularly sucked because we couldn’t speak. As soon as he came through the front door, I presented him with a list of 83 things I’d written down to tell him so as not to forget including inconsequential things like, “I put this new lamp together all by myself.”
I got a couple of letters which was nice. I liked to pretend it was the 1940’s and I was just a sweet, naive debutante awaiting word from her handsome beau that all was well. Except in these letters he’s more interested in telling me about his meals (fajita chicken with rice and beans was a really good day) than professing his love.
The best is just like getting back into a routine with each other. As much as I missed him, I got used to my evenings on the couch with Topanga, bingeing whatever our hearts desire. Only having to do laundry once a week. Having the tidiest home, with everything in its proper place. Really enjoying the numbers in the bank account because the online shopping queen was without his devices. He, on the other hand, got used to sleeping in the wilderness surrounded by a bunch of dudes who hadn’t showered. Different strokes. It just takes like 48 hours to adjust when he returns. Like, I can’t lose my mind when he leaves his clothes on the floor and he can’t get mad at me because we, as a household, have adopted a new way of folding said clothes!
Honestly, I’m just so happy he’s home. The house is finally starting to smell like itself – the perfect mix of Bath & Body Works candles and farts.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, excess water drained (I like to wrap it in a towel + then press a heavy pan on top)
- 1/2 a head of green cabbage, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of carrots, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. of red chili paste
- 1 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of lime juice
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- Brown rice for serving
- In a lil bowl, combine chili paste + brown sugar + soy sauce + lime juice, set aside
- Heat oils in a wok over medium heat
- Add tofu + a lil S+P, cook until crisp to your desire about 6-7 minutes
- Remove from pan
- Add garlic + ginger, cook one minute
- Add cabbage + peppers + carrots, cook 5-6 minutes
- Add tofu + sauce in, cook for 2-3 minutes until combined + luscious looking
- Turn off heat, stir in basil
- Serve hot with brown rice
- Wrap mouth around one end of the plate + tip your head back + mouth up, allowing all contents to gracefully slide into your pie hole
Adapted from here!