I’ve said it before & I will say it again – I love stuffing crap in tortillas. Call it a taco, call it a quesadilla. I will devour.
This was the weirdest idea I’d had in a while. Brussels sprouts as the meat of a taco? I need to be in a straight jacket.
I was cooking for Cher, as I do most Friday nights, and I ran the idea across her. Thank God for a BFF who will try anything once.
They were absolutely glorious. Spicy, rich and utterly sinful. Plus, brussels sprouts are just the freaking bomb.
By all means, stuff some crap in a tortilla tonight!
Serves: 2 hungry chicks
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts, peeled + halved
- 1 can of black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 package of small corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Sriracha, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. of lime juice
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet
- Add brussels sprouts to a bowl and combine with desired sriracha + honey + 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Place brussels sprouts on sheet core down and roast for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through
- While roasting, combine black beans + cumin + S+P in a bowl, mash slightly
- In another bowl combine avocado + greek yogurt + lime juice + S+P (this is your crema)
- Once roasting is done, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add two tortillas
- Fill tortillas with black bean mixture and fold, fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until crispy
- Remove from heat and add brussels sprouts + onion + cilantro + crema + more sriracha
- Continue until you’ve run out of sprouts
- Roll around in the decadence
Loosely adapted from: http://www.seeyouinthemorning.com/2012/04/crispy-brussels-sprout-black-bean-tacos.html