Let’s talk about stomach viruses.
Not in gory detail, you weirdos.
Just in general terms I think all fellow humans can agree on.
They absolutely blow chunks. No pun intended. Somehow, someway, a plague fell upon our house recently. I feel both blessed and annoyed it chose me to kiss first. Once it hit, it hit hard and your girl was down for the count. Couldn’t move, couldn’t eat, but the best – I couldn’t keep my eyes open OR sleep. Have y’all experienced this before? It was righteous. All night I tossed and turned, unable to get comfortable. Then, G started tossing his cookies. We were both down! Who would care for our seemingly well child?! Luckily, I rallied just in time for her to start spewing. Oh, what great fun it is to crouch down on all fours scrubbing carpets when your body is weak from upchucking.
I say we have a handful more kids so we can all get sick together again sometime.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5
- 1 package of jumbo pasta shells
- Pesto recipe from here
- Tofu ricotta from here
- 1 jar of marinara
- Basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook pasta shells to just al dente, drain
- Combine the tofu ricotta + the pesto in a bowl
- Pour some marinara into the bottom of a baking dish
- Once shells are cool, stuff them with the pesto ricotta
- Cover with more marinara
- Cover with foil, cake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil, bake another 5 minutes
- Top your plate with no fewer than 12 + have at it