All I want is bread.
This is not news, necessarily. I’ve always been this way.
Like, I’ll never get the keto diet or just diets in general because they deprive you of one of the Lord’s most purest gifts.
I ate an entire loaf of focaccia in two days, in two sittings. No one helped me. Well, maybe you can consider the baby in my belly as a helper, but she didn’t have much say in the matter. In the moment, I wasn’t shocked. Like, of course I’m going to finish this loaf, I don’t want it to go to waste nor do I want to share. So, that leaves me no choice. It wasn’t until about an hour or so later when I realized I might have gone too hard on the bread after trying to simply walk up the stairs.
You live & learn, however, I will keep living & stuffing myself with bread & not learning my limits.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 loaf of focaccia bread, cubed
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1/4 cup of capers, drained
- 4-5 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil + butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add shallot, cook 2-3 minutes
- Add chickpeas + S+P, cook another 5-6 minutes until starting to crisp
- Add capers, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add oregano + crushed red pepper, cook another minute
- Transfer to a bowl
- Add another tbsp of olive oil to the skillet
- Add bread cubes, cook about 5-6 minutes until browned a lil bit
- In a bowl, add bread + tomatoes + chickpea/caper mix, serve warm
- Unbuckle that belt & get to it
Idea from here!