We’re finally doing it!!!!
We are MOVING, people!!!
Well, God willing. Until we’re in the giant truck on the road I won’t believe it’s happening.
We’ve known we were moving to Colorado for over a year and have been anticipating it ever since. North Carolina has been a delight and all, but we are nomads in need of a change of scenery! We’ve literally been packing for months in the hopes we would get out of here sooner than later. I forget what it’s like to not have to shimmy around boxes to get around. I also have been wearing the same 6 outfits for a month, but I’m not sure if that’s because clothes are packed or I am lazy and only fit in 6 outfits right now.
Also, I am ready to escape the suffocating heat and humidity. Ask me again in 6 months how I enjoy the snow.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 can of pinto beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- 1 can of diced green chiles
- 1 cup of enchilada sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat oil a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add red pepper + jalapeno, cook another 2 minutes
- Add chili powder + cumin + smoked paprika + S+P, cook another 1-2 minutes
- Add the beans + tomatoes + corn + chiles, cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add enchilada sauce + remove from heat
- In a greased baking dish, lay a couple of tortillas, can rip them into shapes to cover the entire bottom
- Add a big ole scoop of bean mix + spread evenly
- Add rice evenly
- Top with more bean mix
- Top with rest of tortillas
- Top with remaining bean mix
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove + serve warm with cilantro
- Cut off a giant square + go to town on your carb fest