As if we didn’t know my toddler was a nut bag.
This weekend she decides to learn a new skill.
Jumping out of her crib.
Jumping? Climbing & falling out? Idk the technical terms. Somehow she has learned to throw her body out of the crib, that’s all I know! I was frantically googling what to do about it & the internet told me to put her in a sleep sack. People, she’s DOING this in a sleep sack. So we took out the springs & the legs of the crib & now her mattress is on the ground, surrounded by the crib bars. Truly a little baby jail. I watched her on the monitor try to jump out of this one, but alas her parents’ average height genes are working in our favor.
Can someone tell me the magic age kids chill? I feel like I’m still years off from it…
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3 sandwiches
- 1 can of jackfruit, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Slaw, for serving
- Buns, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a bowl, combine ketchup + maple syrup + apple cider vinegar + soy sauce + corn starch + spices
- Shred jackfruit with two forks
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add jackfruit, cook 2-3 minutes
- Add sauce, cook another 5 minutes
- Transfer jackfruit to a line baking sheet + bake for 25 minutes, tossing once in the middle
- Serve hot on buns with slaw
- These sandwiches are all for you, do not share