Garrett and I are going on our first vacation together tomorrow.
Well, kind of.
It’s our first reallllllll vacation that’s just the two of us. No family, no friends, just two young lovebirds out on an adventure, left to our own devices to make it in a strange city………… Just the two of us, all alone…….
I’ve left Garr in charge of logistics. Plane, rental car, hotel. Fingers crossed we make it alive, are driving something safer than a Tonka truck and aren’t staying in the outhouse of a unabomber. Oh, I’ve also put him in charge of dining and explorations. He’s just so much better at the internet than I am and can google things at lightning speed. Plus, I need my phone battery to take food pix so.
Also, only one argument so far because I want to check a bag so I can take my hot rollers.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6 bowls
- 1 pineapple, peeled + cubed
- 4 tbsp. of honey
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. of liquid smoke
- 1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of cayenne
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Brown rice for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup of pineapple + honey + vinegar + liquid smoke + tomato paste + garlic powder + cayenne + crushed red pepper + S+P + water, pulse until smooth
- Transfer to a small pot + warm over medium heat
- Meanwhile, arrange chickpeas on a lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil + S+P, roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring once
- Once cooked, dump chickpeas into BBQ sauce pot + turn off heat
- To serve, put some rice in a bowl + top with some pineapple + onion + peppers + avocado + BBQ chickpeas + cilantro
- Create catapult with spoon + launch contents at sweetie
BBQ sauce idea from here!