My dad just came to visit for a few weeks to help with Lou.
We had the absolute loveliest time consuming all the content Netflix could throw our way.
And playing Scrabble every night in an attempt to regain some of the brain cells I lost during pregnancy and maternity leave.
He & Lou really bonded. It was so cute to see her light up every time she saw him. She’s more of an “actions speak louder than words type” so she really tried to show him how she felt. First, she peed on him as he was helping get her ready for bath night. The next day, she blew out her diaper while snuggling with him. And finally, after helping me out and giving her a bottle, she promptly spit up all over him. The trifecta, if you will. Our washing machine has never worked harder.
It’s safe to say he’s happy to be home and away from baby bodily fluids.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled + chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled + chopped
- 4-6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. of white miso paste
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. of vegan butter
- Juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Green onion, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange carrot + parsnip on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Roast for just about 20 minutes, tossing once in the middle
- Heat broth in a sauce pan over medium heat
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add arborio rice + S+P, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Add a ladle of broth to the skillet one at a time, stirring + allowing rice to absorb liquid, repeat until rice is tender, about 40-45 minutes
- Once rice is cooked, add miso + butter + S+P, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Stir in lemon zest + juice + roasted veggies
- Drizzle with sesame oil
- Serve warm with green onion
- Cozy up + lick the bowl clean, it’s the only way
Adapted from here!