I love throwing things away.
I would say it’s in my top 5 skills, honestly.
Not, like, physically taking things to the trash. Gross. Just like making the ~decision~ that it’s time for something to go.
For instance, I’m in the process of getting rid of some TVs. Garr is not too happy about this because he has to lug them out, but it’s time. We don’t watch tv upstairs so why do we have two up there? The tv farewell led me to get rid of all of my remaining DVDs. This one I might actually regret one day, but we only have today & I’ve got limited space in this house, am I right?!?! The DVDs were next to some photo albums. I’m not a psychopath, I didn’t toss away our memories! But I did go through some memory boxes & get rid of some things that have lost their sentimental touch over the years. Sue me!!!
Call me, Hoarders, I’d be an asset!!!
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 container of veg stock
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Basil, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven or deep pot over medium heat
- Add onion + celery + S+P, cook for 6-8 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add rice, stir to coat, toast for 1-2 minutes
- Add all of the veg stick, cover, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer, stir occasionally for 10 minutes
- Add tomatoes + tomato paste + chickpeas + S+P, cover + simmer for another 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Once rice is fully cooked, turn off heat + stir in some spinach leaves
- Serve hot with fresh basil
- Let this just stick to your ribs right in time for bathing suit season